Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A is for Anarchy

I don't know what's with this anarchy theme I seem to be on, but I assure you, when I was biking home from old East at 6 in the morning last Sunday, I did not have anarchistic thoughts on my mind. Most of my thoughts were more like "Where is everybody?!" "Did I miss the rapture or something?". I went straight through two of the most densely populated areas of the city, Downtown and Wortley Village, and saw NOBODY. That freaked me out, so I decided to travel by the bike paths a bit. I saw this barbed wire, which looked odd to me, because it was guarding a factory, and it didn't sit right with me. So, I made this photo, with that in mind, and the dramatic sunburst over the telephone pole, as my theme. I had a really hard time deciding what would be parallel to the frame, the telephone pole or the fence. I realized that having it adjusted to the telephone pole put it at odds with the fence, and I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment