Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Fourth Dimension

I've come to realize that I love beginning my posts with a question. My question to you is a science one. What are the first five dimensions?
1-Length, 2-Height, 3-Width, everyone knows that. The rest (that are easily explained) are:
4-Time, and 5-Electromagnetism.
The fifth is completely unrelated to what I'm talking about, it's just a fun fact. The fourth is what is vexing me right now. People make a big deal about things (images) being in 3-d; presented with 3 dimensions. But if time is the fourth, then aren't movies already in 3 dimensions? Length, Width, and Time? Movies are already in 3 dimensions, just not the first three. So, why not say that they are in 4 dimensions. Simple. If they did that then they'd need to explain all this.
This little stop-motion-esque video is a series of photos made in the same position, then faded into one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment