Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Photo of the Day: Halloween

This here is my friend Max. I've known since he was a baby. (He was babysat by my mom since infancy). Last Halloween I was going as The Batman, and he as a giraffe. But in his opinion my mask was cooler so he wanted to give it a try. With the light coming in from the window so spotlight-esque, the photographer in me called me to grab my camera, and make my mom call him to look at her and 'Poof'; A portrait in a few seconds. As funny as the Bat-Giraffe is, I really wish that, at the time I had taken a few minutes to set up a real portrait session. A better background, softer lighting, etc. As nice as that would have been, I can't help but wonder if some of the quality in the photo relies on the subtler details. Details that I might have missed out on had I attempted to 'fix' it. Or I could be dead wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment