Monday, November 29, 2010

No Big Deal- Just a Hawk

It's really not even all that exciting. I mean, I see wild hawks less than 10 feet away from me all the time. Oh, right, that was the Zoo.
I was astounded today to see an actual hawk on my route to and from school. At first it was up in a tree having an argument with about 5 crows, and then it was on someones lawn standing on a squirrel that it had claimed as it's own. I was able to get within 10 feet from it, and it was totally calm. I have no idea where it came from, or where it went (as it was gone when I came back 2 hours later, after class) but it was certainly a sight to behold. A beautiful animal, it's saddening to see it forced to enter cities to find food.
Archipelago Photography: Islands of thought and image, connected with a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment