Sunday, November 28, 2010

Production Value


Morally I had issues with this. This is the kind of thing I hate. I love seeing a photographers work, and hearing that there was no digital manipulation. Love it. Because it, to me, shows so much more skill. Photographers nowadays are replacing instinct and vision and foresight, with editing, and afterthought. This whole "Shoot 100, keep 1" Ideology is the bulk of what I am fighting against. It discredits photography as a skill as well as an art.


But I'm not condemning photoshop. It's useful and in a situation like this, commercially invaluable. The edited photo is exactly what I was tasked to make, and without removing the wires, the photo would have been unacceptable. Unfortunate, but realistic for sure. By the way, the edited photo is not quite the final copy. There is a bit left to do, but it's close.
Archipelago Photography: Islands of thought and image, connected with a name.

No comments:

Post a Comment