Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Inside Ride

The other day my school, SCI, was home to a wonderful event. A Cancer fund-raiser called The Inside Ride. The event involves teams of 6 to each get pledges, and then each person rides a stationary bike at the actual event for 10 minutes. There are prizes for most distance biked, best costumes and best spirit.
The event was insane! It was like a massive dance party/super-charged bike contest. The energy level was immense and (surprisingly, I know) I was tasked with photographing the event. The photos turned out well, I think, but it was quite a trick balancing levels for photos with and without a flash. Some photos worked better with a little action blur, so that meant no flash, but some dance moves only turned out well with a flash, so I was forced to go back and forth, changing settings as I went. A trick, to be sure, but well worth it.
Archipelago Photography: insulae de cogitum lumenque, maritus cum nomen

No comments:

Post a Comment