Thursday, April 22, 2010

Photo of the Day: Precious


This is my adorable niece Abbigale. This photo was taken with my Canon EOS Rebel T1i. I took this just before March Break while my mom was babysitting. The whole theme of the photo is about juxtaposing the initial idea of beuty and innocence with the idea of pain or injury. If you look closely you can see the edge of a Band-Aid at the top (on her forehead) and the bite mark on her right cheek. So the image becomes that of a beautiful little girl who has been hurt. Once you know this it changes the whole theme of the photo, does it not? It's sad but, don't you worry, she's absolutely fine.I just wanted to try for something a bit out of my bubble. I hope you enjoy.
Archipelago Photography Islands of thought and image, connected with a name.


No comments:

Post a Comment