Monday, March 21, 2011

An Octodecem of Classic Literature

I've realized recently that I've been reading books way below my reading level. I finished reading The Historian about a year ago and ever since I've been reading essentially kids books. There were a lot of great series started when I was a kid and as they continued I kept reading them. Except now they're pre-teen books and I'm almost 18.
So, I made myself an ultimatum this march break. I picked out 18 (the Latin word for 18 being octodecem, hence An Octodecem of Classic Literature) of the classics as pictured above. I am going to read these 18 before I myself am 18. That's what I've decided. The books are
Frankenstein
20,000 Leagues Under The Sea
Journey To The Center Of The Earth
Around The World In 80 Days
The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
The Three Musketeers
Moby Dick
Wuthering Heights
Oliver Twist
A Christmas Carol
A Tale Of Two Cities
Pride And Prejudice
Kidnapped
Treasure Island
The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyl And Mr.Hyde
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

(For those who were wondering, the tunnel-motion effect in the second two photos, was done by zooming in while exposing the picture, causing the gold lettering on the surrounding books to blur in a line towards the main book. the two photos are supposed to represent me choosing which books my first and second would be.)

1 comment:

  1. good luck reading all of those books before the end of the summer! your crazy! but its a really good goal.

    ReplyDelete